Also known as zits, pimples or blemishes, acne is one of the most common skin problems that affects many. Ranging from mild to severe, depending on the cause and the affected areas, this problem can seem like an issue that is too hard to handle.
The main culprit for acne is the production of androgen hormones in the body. But this can be naturally curbed by making simple dietary and lifestyle changes.
For most part, the scars left behind by acne is harder to handle than the pimples themselves. Many have the tendency to pick at their pimples and even burst them that leads to the formation of acne scars on the skin.
There are several options available out there to remove acne scars such as laser treatment, tissue fillers, surgery, dermabrasion etc., but they can be quite time consuming and costly.
Below are some home remedies to reduce the signs of scars and even remove them permanently:
Peel the outer green covering of an Aloe Vera leaf, extract the gel from inside. Apply twice a day on face and leave it on for about 30 minutes then wash off.
Almond Oil and Honey Face Pack:
Mix 1tbsp each of honey, almond oil, lemon juice with 2 tbsp of milk and apply on the affected areas.
Honey and Lemon Juice:
Mix 1 tbsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice with 1 tbsp of honey and apply on the affected areas. Rinse off after 10 minutes.
Make a paste of neem leaves and apply on the affected area. If fresh neem leaves are not available, steep some dried neem leaves in warm water for 10 minutes and make a paste.
Soak sesame seeds overnight and make a fine paste out of it. Apply on affected area for 10 minutes then rinse off.
Potatoes naturally give a mild bleaching glow to the skin. Apply potato juice on the face for 10-15 minutes then rinse off.
If you find that your skin is sensitive to any of the natural ingredients given above, simply avoid using those and opt for something else instead. Using the right ingredients for your skin can bring some amazing results.
You can also take some preventative steps to reduce acne:
- Always keep your face clean, properly removing dirt and excessive oil
- Use clean towel every time to wipe your face
- Avoid touching or scratching the pimples to reduce the spread of new pimples and new scars
- Make sure your pillow is washed at regular intervals and has a clean cover
- Eat healthy foods rich in vitamins and minerals while avoiding oily and junk food items
- Follow a proper skin regime which includes cleansing, moisturizing and exfoliating at regular intervals
- Use skin care products that are natural and free of fragrance.