It is profitable to be skeptical and incredulous when searching for a good, reliable astrologer – one you can trust your life with, and who you can bank on to answer your troubled questions and soothe your soul. He or she should provide substitute channels and options to ease your predicaments.
- To start with, look for a certified degree or diploma holder in astrology from a reputed institute. An additional degree in the sciences or psychology is a strong credential.
- The person should also have sufficient years of practice in the field of astrology.
- Many astrologers post tall claims about their past predictions. Don’t take them at face value. Always investigate the credibility and truthfulness of their claims.
- If the astrologer does not have a website or published works, never hesitate to ask questions about his qualification, training, practice and his clients. Be wary of an astrologer who is reluctant to answer these questions.
- Possibly, delve into their list of clientele and get first-hand knowledge of their working ability with clients.
- Preferably, find a person who etches a living by this skill which guarantees the seriousness about their profession.
- Most astrologers, and all Vedic astrologers – by an ancient rule – charge a fee for consulting. Beware of fake, free astro-consultants.
- It always pays to trust someone in your vicinity, someone whose credentials can be vouched for by your neighbor or your trusted friend.
- Remember, familiarity can pave grounds for prejudice or biased opinion. So, choose someone who doesn’t know you upfront and close.
- If you are more comfortable discussing your life and its problems with a person of the same sex, you should choose an astrologer accordingly. In most cases, it doesn’t matter whether your personal astrologer is a male or a female as long as you have a comfort level.
- Once you’ve found the right person and have your natal chart drawn up, ask the practitioner to explain the chart without mincing words. After all it is your life and you have the right to question.
- There are a number of ways you can find an astrologer, including the telephone directory and the Internet.
- Many religious or spiritual bookshops and some gemstone or jewelry shops have a resident astrologer or consulting astrologer that provides astrological services.
- There are bodies that license astrologers, and associations that list astrologers. Look for a certified astrologer that are accredited to such bodies, for example, the British Association of Vedic Astrology (BAVA), the Association of Vedic Sciences (AVS) and the American Institute of Vedic Studies (AIVS)
~ S. Das
LIKE US ON FB & SHARE OUR PAGE WITH FRIENDS TO HELP IN SPREADING SANSKRITI.