It is normal to lose hair because hair fall is backed up naturally by hair growth. Hair fall relates to a process of abnormality when loss exceeds the frequency of natural re-growth. Hair fall effecting individuals irrespective of their age and sex is indicative of serious physical malfunctioning. While a part of it may be genetic and directly proportional to ageing; illness such as Diabetes, Lupus and Cancer are also some of the responsible factors. Amongst other associated causes, hormonal changes triggered by menopause, pregnancy and malfunctioning thyroid glands; absence of healthy diet, medications catering to arthritis, hypertension and depression can also be included.
Besides the medically maneuvered ways to cater to hair loss, certain home made ways involving the adoption of bare minimum fundamental regime may be outlined
Natural Home Remedies for Hair Loss Treatment
- First and foremost balanced diet with proper emphasis on vitamin, calcium and iron may go a long way in preventing hair fall, because deficiency of protein and iron intake also contributes to hair loss. Thus a balanced diet comprising of all the essential nutrients should be insisted on.
- Hair should be washed and brushed properly. Similar importance should be given to trimming to prevent tearing of hair. Combs with wide tooth should be made use of. Split ends should be got rid of as part of trimming. Blow drying should be avoided because the heat generated is found to be damaging from the point of view of hair.
- Gentle massaging of scalp regularly, preferably with drops of warm oil contributes against hair fall.
- Washing of head with a homemade concoction consisting of vodka/ alcohol, pepper and worm water will work well to combat hair loss.
- Adding a few drops of tobacco sauce to the regularly used lather producing shampoo can also be an effective remedy for preventing hair loss.
- Some of the herbal extracts used directly in forms of juice or paste can prove to be more beneficial than their medically encapsulated forms. Paste or juice of “Bhongra” may be massaged gently on to the scalp to counteract hair falling. Paste consisting of Shana seeds with coconut or castor oil turn out as an effective option.
- In cases of baldness in patches or ‘alopecia areata’; a paste of lime seeds and black pepper may be massaged on affected areas. Scrubbing the affected areas with onion cut into half followed by application of honey may also help out.
Hair Graying – Treatment for Hair Graying
The naturally occurring phenomenon of hair graying may turn out to be a source of distress and despair with its premature onset. Absence of oil secretion by the glands of hair follicle harnesses premature graying. Oil secretion provides hair with required nutritional sustenance. The absence or deficiency of nutrition adds to premature graying. Also triggered by stress and strain intake of certain medicines may lead to the similar phenomena. Rather than going in for medications as preventive measures, certain home based solutions may be tried out because the ingredients used will yield no side effect.
- Avoiding junk food and food rich in calorie content can help you stay younger for a long period of time, Soft drinks, pastries and jam should be avoided in addition to oily and spicy food. Sprouts, fresh fruits and vegetables should be included in ones diet.
- Mixture of yogurt and yeast is also beneficial for doing away with premature graying; the resulting mixture needs to be applied to the grayish parts.
- As far as application of concocted mixture is concerned; an amalgam of coconut oil and curry leaves is supposed to be advantageous. The two ingredients may be boiled followed by due straining and cooling. Massaging the same gently on scalp helps to counteract undue graying.
- Clarified butter made from cow’s milk may be applied twice on scalp for obtaining the desired result.
- Mixture of gooseberry, almond and lemon juice is another of the natural homemade remedies.
- Henna an Indian herb soaked in liquor of yea may be applied as a hair pack for a period of six hours to add to the luster, shine and blackening of grey strands.