Headache can be caused by sinusitis, hypertension, constipation, over working, mental stress, indigestion, acidity, sleeplessness and fever. Often, it is also present as a symptom of another disease. As there are many different potential causes for headache and migraine, the treatment cannot simply be pain relief. Lifestyle and diet needs to be carefully considered and appropriate changes made.
Headache Diet: Vegetables without oil or spices, vegetable and fruit juices and soups are recommended. Fruits like apples and grapes, and some sweets and dairy products can be taken moderately according to digestive capacity. Rice, salad and buttermilk are beneficial. In the morning, take a glass of water mixed with a teaspoon of honey.
Avoid fried food, frozen or cold food, meat, spicy or dry food, tea, coffee, and food that cannot be easily digested. Yogurt should be avoided especially in the evening. Ayurveda also recommends against taking sour or acidic food. Minimize the consumption of pickled or smoked food, alcohol, cheese and chocolates as much as possible.
- Grind dry ginger and make a paste by adding water. Apply this poultice on the temple.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of clove, cinnamon, and almond powder together. Add a little water to make a paste.
- Apply this paste on the forehead.
- Mix a pinch of clove powder in 1 teaspoon of cinnamon oil. Apply this mixture on the forehead or temples.
- Take I tablespoon of almond oil and boil it. When it cools down, put two drops in each nostril.
- Take 1 cup warm water and add a green tea bag. Squeeze ½ a lemon, mix well and drink for instant relief
- Separate the rind (outer covering) of 2-3 lemons and make a paste out of the rind. Apply on forehead
- Drink water mixed with honey every morning on an empty stomach